Electrical Design & Project Engineer
£35-40k + 5% Company Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Stats
I am currently working in partnership on an exclusive basis with a global business worth over €4 Billion with an exciting and pioneering spirit, the original founder having invented one of the most exciting and truly revolutionary engineering feats of the 20th century. The business now works across various markets including automotive manufacture, sales and service and systems design projects. The latter business function turning over €100million per annum.
Employing over 100,000 worldwide, there are 21 members of staff within the UK office working from an impressive, contemporary facility. From this site the business focuses on the delivery of turnkey engineering projects predominantly within the materials handling industry including mechanical, electrical and software design. The projects delivered are up to the value of £1million and focus mostly on modernisation and upgrades.
The company are currently looking for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to join their well-established team.
The Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible for all electrical circuit design across numerous projects. The main aspects of the role will include the following:
- Supporting sales meetings with technical explanations of the electrical system and how they will perform
- Clarify what the company wants from the electrical design
- Write functional specifications
- Clarify what standards the electrical design needs to adhere to
- Specify equipment such as motors, drives and cables
- Understand what hardware is required for the PLC, SCADA and System Architecture
- Produce the cable schedules understanding how many cables are required and the size, length and grade required
- Design the panel layout to show where the breakers, buttons and visual display units go (all the systems are LV electrical (up to 440V))
To be successful in your application for this Electrical Design Engineers role you will need:
- Relevant qualification in Electrical Engineering (ideally HNC)
- Electrical circuit design experience (Eplan, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical)
- Ability to complete electrical calculations for motors, drives, voltage drop
- Background in process control
- ATEX knowledge would be highly advantageous though not necessary
- £35-40k Basic Salary
- Flexible working hours
- 5% Contributory Pension
- 25 Days Holiday + Stats
ATA Recruitment is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
ATA Recruitment specialise in recruiting the best technical and engineering talent and providing complete workforce solutions to help build and maintain infrastructure and transportation for a wide range of UK clients - for more opportunities like this one, visit our website
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
5% Pension, Flexible Hours, 25 Days Holiday + Stats
- Industry Sector IT & Internet