Essential to have HNC or HND Electronic qualification or relevant experience, with IT Experience with Desktop PC’s preferred. You will play a key role within a busy Operations facility, covering Process & Productivity improvements, New Product Introduction, Product & Manufacturing support, Calibrations, etc
Hours are 37.5 hours per week (9.00am – 5.00pm Monday – Friday) and salary is circa £30k depending on skills and experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a truly diverse and global company, as we supply critical communication and security equipment to Businesses, NHS Hospitals and Prison Services, we have remained operational throughout the pandemic, and we would love to find someone with the drive to grow and develop within our Production Engineering team. Excellent benefits package including 25 days holiday!
Purpose of Position
- To provide support for all manufacturing processes and production machines.
- To produce professional technical reports.
- To work as part of a successful innovative Production Engineering Team.
- To actively promote a safe work environment.
- To assist the Plant Technical Director & Manager by identifying efficient cost-effective technical improvements.
- To continually improve quality and speed of manufactured products.
- To actively participate in Kaizen events and operational Lean activities.
- To ensure that customer requirements are always met.
- To effectively communicate with internal & external suppliers.
- To create detailed Standard Operating Procedures to support manufacturing processes.
- To Manage and Maintain Test Equipment Calibrations.
Education / Work Experience Required
- 3 -5 years’ experience in a similar field.
- Minimum of HNC or HND in electronics or relevant experience.
- Previous experience in an electronic manufacturing environment.
- IT Experience with Desktop PC’s preferred.
- Proven track record of success in previous roles.
Skills & Knowledge Required
The ideal candidate must have as a minimum basic level skill in most of the following.
- Customer focused.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Understanding of RF products in the HF and UHF frequency bands.
- Ability to diagnose and repair electronic assemblies to component level.
- Ability to design & build basic electronic circuits.
- Basic knowledge of LabView or a software programming language.
- Knowledge of ICT and ATE machine/s.
- Basic Knowledge of SMT processes and machines.
- Ability provide first line in-house Windows Desktop support for Production test & machines across multiple Windows platforms.
- Skills in use of CAD or similar type software drawing package - Optional.
- Awareness of Compliance standards i.e., UL & ETL.
All candidates should be made aware prior to interview that if successful, they will be subject to security vetting checks in line with industry standards (BS7858:2012). This includes a credit history check (to check for any financial sanctions i.e. active CCJ’s or other penalty), 5 year employment history check, terrorism check, Disclosure Scotland check and also two character references. Any aspect of the vetting which is not satisfactory will result in their employment offer being withdrawn. Candidates should not be referred to us who knowingly will not pass our security vetting checks.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities