Our client manages one of the world's most advanced road networks. Not only are the bridges iconic, they provide essential transport links for over 70,000 road users each day, connecting our country to benefit our economy, businesses and customers.
You will be responsible for providing onsite management and direction to supply chain specialist inspection teams that perform all routine, non-routine and special inspections of the bridges, access equipment and concession area. You will provide guidance, defining the work of the team to ensure delivery of inspections and collection of asset data in line with relevant standards for the specialist bridges within your remit. You will also support the Asset Needs and Programme Development Manager to define future inspection and maintenance programmes to ensure the long term integrity of the asset.
In line with the duties of the role you will be required work outdoors and at height. The role may have oncall duty responsibilities and you may be required to work unsociable hours.
You will be required to drive as part of your role and you will need to have a full clean driving license to be considered for this position and during employment.What you'll be leading on
- To ensure the health and safety needs and wellbeing of customers and employees are fully considered and accounted for throughout the planning and delivery of each service activity.
- To ensure planning, delivery and reporting on all inspections schedules in line with agreed timescales, budgets and procedures and to ensure that all inspection findings are recorded in the relevant systems and meet data capture standards.
- Determination of potential asset remedial repairs and urgency for incorporation to the annual maintenance plans.
- To manage the delivery of timely inspections for asset repairs, and ensure that any delays, reoccurring quality issues or concerns are resolved or escalated, as appropriate.
- To facilitate positive and collaborative ways of working with internal and external stakeholders, to share knowledge, collaborative planning, and ultimately contribute to the overall improvement of the asset condition and customer experience.
- Where necessary to be available for on-call duty responsibilities, attending incident sites and providing advice, including managing duty responsibilities for specialist advice for related asset at incidents.
- Organise, supervise and carry out routine, special inspections, projects, investigations and tests as directed. Produce, review and implement NDT techniques and Procedures as required and manage the Project NDT qualification and training requirements.
- Proficient in planning and prioritising an entire programme of Maintenance and Acceptance Inspections
- Extensive experience of undertaking Inspections (long span steel bridges desirable)
- Proficient in recognising and categorising defects and maintenance needs of the asset and providing clear recommendations on maintenance interventions to remedy defects identified from inspections. * A sound understanding of asset management databases and data capture devices used for asset management.
- Sound understanding welding procedures, welding inspection and associated requirements.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other