Permanent full time, 40 hours per week minimum.
Flexible to work from home with required time certain days each month at the Company's offices in Farringdon, London.
Working for a video streaming data company, streaming real-time and near-real-time videos from space.
You will be responsible for the data and database architecture for global video distribution platform which will see real-time and recorded video received by ground stations around the world being transferred to the cloud (AWS) and made accessible to millions of users worldwide.
Your responsibility starts once the data is received by ground stations. You need to ensure it is automatically transferred cloud distribution platform.
Cloud distribution platform will be hosted by AWS. It will consist of databases for storing vast quantities of video files, as well as other databases and applications that provide information relating to each video file. You will be an expert at designing databases both SQL and NOSQL including Apache Cassandra.
You will work with the team in conjunction with AWS to design, implement and manage a global Content Delivery Network for a video streaming platform that serves millions of users with both live and recorded videos. The data platform must be designed for global scale and mass usage. The data architecture will include a database of video data, additional databases and data filters and various distribution platforms including the web site, B2C app and B2B data library platform.
The data is video data of Earth from space.
- Architect a scalable global solution for petabytes of video data, where possible exploring the use of proven architectures for video streaming platforms on AWS
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases
- Work with AWS
- Scaling the service e.g. adding more computing power, multi-site scalability
- Create security and data protection settings
- Write technical documentation
- Proven experience as a database designer and administrator (structured and unstructured)
- Proven experience as a data architect for scalable systems
- Understanding of the options around various database technologies especially Apache Cassandra
- 5 years+ experience with AWS cloud computing
- Knowledge and experience of networking and data transfer protocols
- Experience with Linux
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- An analytical mind
- Understanding of datums, projections and what to check when things go wrong
- You should have an innovative and problem-solving mindset, willingness to learn new skills and create unique solutions as part of the team and as an individual
Preferable Requirements (but not essential)
- Passion for environmental and humanitarian causes, with a belief that space technologies can help solve problems on Earth
- Technical experience of GIS data
- Worked with another video data platform previously
- Experience of on demand video playback or live video streaming
- Experience with AWS streaming technologies including:
o AWS Elemental MediaConnect
o AWS Elemental MediaLive
o AWS Elemental MediaPackage
o AWS Elemental MediaTailor
o Amazon CloudFront
o AWS ADS
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other