This role provides support to the ILS Manager for delivery of work packages from concept to completion covering a range of ILS and ARM activities supporting the Programme.
The successful candidate should have prior experience delivering ILS solutions and be able to demonstrate knowledge of ILS principles.
- Assist in the development of ILS / Supportability Engineering plans and day to day implementation of processes.
- Completion of the ILS / Supportability Engineering deliverables to known deadlines and schedules.
- Provide detailed Subject Matter Expertise (SME) input to Engineering Community and to the customer.
- Identify and manage risks associated with the ILS Programme.
- Assist in the development of ILS / Engineering solutions to Requests for Change (RFCs) within tight timescales.
- Produce monthly reports for ILS and ARM activity against Statement of Work (SOW).
- Support the ILS Review / Management Boards as appropriate.
- Undertake ILS tasks and analysis in support of project requirements and deliverables.
- Maintain ILS programme schedules.
- Produce ILS Element Plans iaw DEF-STAN 00-600 and the SOW.
- Undertake Supportability Analysis (SA) and produce associated reports.
- Logistic Information Record (LIR) database creation and maintenance.
- Responsibility for Supply Support deliverables including: Spares Modelling, Codification, Technical Publications, Service Reviews and Service Management Working Groups.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Strong experience in an ILS position.
- Engineering Degree in related discipline (experienced ILS Engineers without a degree will also be considered).
- Thorough understanding of SA and knowledge of ARM.
- Understanding and working knowledge of DEF STANS 00-13, 00-40, 00-42, 00-600, 05-95 and equivalent Military Standards and Handbooks.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative as well as within a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Flexible working habits.
- Holds SC clearance, or ability to achieve it.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience of working with / for the Ministry of Defence (MOD).
- ITIL Foundation Accreditation.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Access and Excel skills.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other