This role has been determined INSIDE IR35.
System Validation Engineer
Location: South East and WFH
Pay: £30-35ph Umbrella (£25.58 to £29.84 PAYE)
Purpose of Role:
To develop real-time safety critical embedded software, to execute within a passenger car or commercial vehicle Electronic Control Unit, controlling the Powertrain or after-treatment equipment. The main responsibilities are in section below but the main job is to make sure that Test case creation and execution for the project is done with good quality and within the delivery timing.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties of the role will consist of one or more of the following:
- Writing test specifications/plans for customer projects.
- Write Test based on Requirements
- Debugging and supporting the Impact analysis for fails raised
- Developing validation tests for electrical bench, dSpace HiL and vehicle.
- Reviewing the Test Cases/Test Specification
- Executing Test Cases and maintaining traceability.
- Analysing the Failures
- Managing verification & validation metrics for the project.
- Responsible for all the validation on a customer project.
- Automating the test cases wherever required by project team
Educated to HND or degree level in an engineering discipline.
- Have 2 or more years' experience as validation engineer or software validation.
- Experienced in writing test specifications based on requirements as well as designs.
- Experienced in executing tests on different environments e.g. vehicle, bench, HIL.
- Experienced in using requirements traceability tools.
- Experience on Power Electronics domain.
- CAN tools experience (CANstress, CANoe etc.).
- Knowledge of Excel/XML/XSLT standards.
- Understanding of Matlab-Simulink blocks
- Understanding of engine control strategies, ECU hardware and sensor/actuator interfaces.
- Experience in the automotive, rail or aerospace fields.
- Python skills will be really added benefit.
- Understanding of ALM/PLM requirement based tools.
- Clearcase (or similar configuration management tool).
- Knowledge of ATI
- Executing tests on dSpace HiL.
- Experience with Jenkins or Hudson tools.
Skill and Attributes required:
- Self-motivated with a strong and flexible attitude towards work
- Ability to Communicate at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines when required
- The ability to prioritize and organize own workload
- Treat colleagues and work colleagues with respect (Equality and Diversity)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other