Primary Role function
- Evaluate new products, bespoke features and change requests.
- Calculate Hk prop Product Invest, Structure Invest, headcount, launch costs and fixed costs, space requirements for Planning Assumptions - volume, timing, design sketches providing manufacturing input into the business case analysis.
- Calculate manpower requirement, evaluate efficiency savings for process times in order to minimise costs.
- Ability to assess Bespoke and Engineering New Product concepts regarding manufacture feasibility with focus to reduce costs, zero defect, throughput, machine capacities and high quality demand with full responsibility of calculated and submitted figures into business case calculations
- Plan the process, detail planning costs and implementation timing for released CAD / drawings to ensure detailed understanding of how a part will be manufactured, jigs and tooling defined, costs detailed, implementation plan available.
- Coordinate implementation of planned activities, including development and pre-production phases, to deliver Bespoke features on time and to budget / quality requirements.
- Detail equipment specifications, raise purchase orders, manage the suppliers, co-ordinate installation and commissioning of new machines and tooling, co-ordinate builds as per the Process Plan to bring new features/new models into production.
- Project Manage Installation of high scope projects and ensure H&S regulations are followed.
- Manage continuous improvement of the manufacturing process to deliver KPI's such as challenging Quality targets,
- Represent Leather shop interests / requirements in Bespoke forums to ensure features can be steered and produced
- Provide feature cost calculations and communicate resource restrictions and requirements to UR-T-55 and UR-V-B.
- Headcount Planning
- Change management or parts/processes in production areas.
- Communication of Leather shop status of feature development and production readiness to project partners
- Stock Management and parts ordering in Pre-Production launch Projects and schedule production volume planning to meet POF in launch Projects
- Bill of Material responsible to calculate accurate part consumption to ensure POF will be met
- The candidate must work effectively with internal production, development and planning functions as well as external suppliers.
- Providing cost evaluations based design / engineering information.
- Giving feasibility to design / engineering before trial parts have been made
- To ensure all parties (engineering, suppliers and production) deliver their commitments on time.
- Introduction of new materials and equipment innovations with new process specifications. Meet material and design challenges within the Bespoke business
- Project manage a large number of projects simultaneously which are all at various stages of the Bespoke Process, from feasibility, development, production set-up or production.
- No Central Planning Department (TP) within BMW Group to dictate or support with Best Practise and Benchmark new materials or process specifications
- 3 years process planning role with the following skills
- Technical expertise in one or more of following specialisms:
- Leather: trim cutting, sewing and covering, and assembly processes
- Ability to interpret engineering CAD data and tolerances
- Excellent organisational , presentation and problem solving skills
- Good IT skills
- Fluent English is essential and basic German is desirable
- Knowledge of SAP
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK freely.
Role is offered on a PAYE or Umbrella basis only, (no LTD)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other