Based in Derby paying £15.78ph PAYE
This is a full time temporary role.
Employer Reference: 419695
Our client is looking for a Principal Information Governance Officer. This is an exciting opportunity has arisen to join an Information Governance team. This is a temporary resource is required to work with the Information Governance Team, and wider internal departments, to address the implications for the flow of personal data in the event of a No Deal Brexit; Brexit with a Deal but no Adequacy Decision from the EU.
The role holder must have the following skills:
- An extensive and in-depth knowledge of DPA legislation
- High level of literacy and numeracy skills for the development of policies, procedures, communications, training courses, report writing and self-assessment audits
- Ability to understand and carefully analyse complex information and adjudicate on its best outcome so as to ensure legislative compliance
- Knowledge of and understanding of the workings of the Information Commissioner's Office in terms of its role, the sanctions it can apply etc.
- Experience of advising senior officers on information governance related issues
- Experience of reviewing and drafting information governance related policies
- Experience of managing and implementing projects working to deadlines
Ideally the post holder will have a legal degree and/or data protection qualification
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services