To discharge the Configuration Management Processes and activities, achieving accurate configuration data, delivered within the required timescales. Working with stakeholders across all relevant functions, ensuring that internal and external deliverables are in accordance with the internal policies and procedures, from requirement identification, definition and design through to operational implementation, ensuring the integrity of the product design.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Driving delivery of configuration deliverables in accordance with procedures and contractual requirements, including Configuration Management plans, supporting Programmes with Configuration Management contract reviews and programme initiation.
- Project management and monitoring of Change Requests and Change Collectors driving the timely progression from point of initiation through to operational implementation.
- Assist the Configuration Manager in the deployment of the Configuration Management Process and, execution of process controls and a standardised Configuration Management process throughout the organisation.
- Undertake Evaluation of Change requests and act as secretary to, Change Central Board & Change Implementation Board meetings ensuring they are held and conducted in accordance with defined standards and providing Configuration Management input to aid informed decisions, ensuring;
- Changes are driven from point of initial requirement through to operational implementation.
- All actions are closed to meet the business needs.
- Deliver timely Configuration Management Reports and management information, including Configuration Status Accounting Reports, Key Performance Indicators and trackers in line with a defined frequency.
- Prepare and submit Change Proposal Forms required for customer approval in accordance with internal or customer contracted processes.
- Act as the point of contact at internal and external customer meetings. Provide input on behalf of the Configuration Management Department and support achievement of related contractual timescales in required timescales.
- Provide Configuration technical support to functional areas, to control the modification state of the product and its support equipment.
- Actively work with other Functional Areas to drive resolution of issues and escalating when necessary.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong experience of programme management processes is essential.
- Knowledge of contracted configuration management regulatory and international standards, as well as general CM principles and processes would be an advantage but not essential.
- Good knowledge of multi-functional disciplines would be preferred which could include (but not be limited to) Engineering, Operations, Customer Support & Training, Procurement, etc.
- Good interpersonal, facilitation and problem solving skills.
- Team leader and player.
- Able to establish highly effective internal and external networks.
- High concern for detail and quality.
- Good communication skills - verbal, written, electronic.
- Pro-active and enthusiastic.
- Ability to prioritise and deliver own workload.
- High degree of IT literacy, including the use of MS Office.
This is a contract position that will run for an initial 6 month contract, however it is likely to run long term for the right person. The contract is paying the equivalent of upto £39,480 on a PAYE basis. Paid holiday at statutory pension also offered. This contract has been deemed inside IR35 therefore we cannot pay GROSS into a Ltd company, however Umbrella contracts are available if preferred to PAYE.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other