About the role:
In this role, you will primarily be responsible for all the commercial and/or operational aspects of the contracts allocated to you by your Manager. You will be provided with a diverse portfolio of projects from working on our leakage programme to working on a large DPC (Direct Procurement for Customers) project worth billions of pounds.
You will join one of our established and expanding Commercial Teams and over the course of your career, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects ranging in value from £25k to £200M.
- Annual and final accounting as well as estimating and forecasting.
- Ensuring that appropriate processes are in place and monitored on your portfolio of contracts to demonstrate contractual compliance is maintained and any non-performance of the contract is identified, with corrective actions implemented as necessary.
- Resolving general disputes and claims as well as providing advice and support to the business.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client.
- Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work.
- Assisting in establishing the client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Performing risk, value management, and cost control.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Preparing and analysing costings from received tenders.
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- A degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent is required for this role.
- This role requires someone who is enthusiastic and can take ownership of tasks, think on their feet, devise plans of action and deliver effective solutions.
- Be able to work semi-autonomously and be confident as well as professional at all times.
- It is essential that you are inquisitive and have meticulous attention to detail.
- You should have the ability to hold your ground and offer reasoned advice in a fast-paced environment.
- In-depth knowledge of infrastructure and the water industry is preferable.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other