Do you have experience working with children and young people? Are you calm and personable with good relationship building skills? Are you a former youth worker or sports coach?
If so, keeping reading! Hello Education are currently recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant to work within a large and reputable secondary school in the Middlesbrough area.
The role will involve working closely with students aged between 11-16 on a 1:1, small group or whole class basis to support them with both pastoral and academic needs. Whilst it would be advantageous, it isn’t essential that you have experience in a school environment those with transferable skills from other roles will be considered.
Key aspects of the role will include:
- Dealing with a broad range of pastoral issues, engaging with pupils across a wide range of abilities and backgrounds.
- Offering extended individual support, both within the classroom setting as well as across the school site.
- Implementing interventions in order to best benefit a student, working in close partnerships with teaching staff to try and achieve both long and short term goals for a given student.
- Aiding teachers with regards to issues such as timetabling, attendance, assessments and examinations.
The role advertised will begin in May 2021, and run until the end of the academic year.
If you are interested, then please submit your CV using the links provided.
Hello Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education