Who we are looking for
The essential function of the position within the organisation is to provide and maintain workshop facilities and prototyping to our London Engineering teams. This is a new role and will involve providing critical support to all functions of our workshop and prototyping department as well as working directly with our engineering teams on critical projects.
This will be a multi-functional role supporting in day to day operations in the areas of electrical safety, operating and maintenance of workshop equipment and rapid prototyping machines, product builds and safety testing.
You will be a valued member of the engineering team.
What you'll do
- Support The Functions Of The In-house Workshop
- Working proactively to build product/engineering rigs
- Determine safe production and operation of product/engineering rigs
- Maintain workshop facility and equipment
- Support The Functions Of The In-house Rapid Prototyping Facilities
- Oversee and maintain 3d printer
- Determine scheduling of 3D prints
- Source and liaise with external suppliers for prototyping
- Have an overview of maintenance and supplies of Rapid Prototyping machines
- Help in the development of technical work spaces within the London office
- Be a point of call and knowledge for engineering teams when in-house facilities are being developed.
- Hands-on involvement in product builds, prototyping and testing
What you'll have
- The ideal candidate will have at minimum HND or BSc in engineering, design or model making or industry experience to the equivalent
- Previous background in engineering, design, model making and electrical safety
- Working knowledge of Workshop equipment, Rapid Prototyping machines, Product assembly including electrical and mechanical skills, CAD and 3D print software experience
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written along with good sound interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, versatile, organised, articulate and professional
- Desire to make a big impact and work independently
- Solidworks experience desirable
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other