A leading Healthcare Provider is requiring a Head of IT to join them to run IT operations day to day, systems development and strategic activity within the business. The role requires someone up for the challenge relating to transformation and growth. Knowledge or experience with Healthcare systems is essential.
This is a new role created to lead the transformation of the technical capability of the business to support the ambitious and exciting growth strategy. This is a chance to make a significant contribution to an independent health provider.
Your principal accountabilities are to lead the IT team to deliver a portfolio of complex change projects and initiatives to support efficient and sustainable growth, and to attain on time, cost, and quality delivery of change for the user community within the organisation.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of IT services to both the Services and the Support Office, including standard network, email, telephony, and corporate systems. This may also include transition and integration to systems where integrations make sense and add value to the business. The aim is to create "slick" operational systems & processes working with partners, the service management team and other support office functions.
- To lead and develop the technology team and ensue there are adequate resources for the workload, leveraging technology expertise when required.
- To define and maintain the IT roadmap for a growing business, identifying opportunities to maintain a competitive advantage, and managing constraints that might present a risk to the achievements of the business outcomes.
- Lead the end-to-end technical process for each strategic project - requirements, RRP process, design, build, pilot and implementation, early life and into "run"
- To provide IT capabilities to enable the delivery of implementation plans for the new and existing business
- To identify and manage cross project dependencies and the critical paths across the portfolio.
- Ensure delivery of IT change to quality, budget, and timelines, with compliance to policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- To report on the delivery of all IT change/programmes/projects giving an accurate picture of risks and issues as well as celebrate progress.
- To understand, anticipate and influence the business demand for IT services, to ensure there is sufficient capacity and resources to meet the fluctuating levels of demand, while maintaining a balance between the cost and value of the services.
- Manage the technical support team and provide weekly service reporting
- To drive the team to make continuous improvements in the development of more effective methodologies and standards
- To be responsible for maintaining relationships and an on-going dialogue between key service and business and the IT function, with a focus on client relationship management, service improvement and delivery.
- To be responsible for ongoing vendor management, monitoring of service levels, resolution of issues and supplier relationship management (including but not limited to Conosco; Lumeon; 5gComms; Rotamaster; RADAR; AssetPanda)
- To be responsible for IT infrastructure for business services including site surveys, IT procurement, installation and upgrades.
- Review technology risks monthly and ensure that there is an up to date business continuity plan
GOVERNANCE & FINANCIAL CONTROL
- To be responsible for IT Governance and be a key member of the Information Governance Committee
- To secure appropriate levels of funding to design, develop and deliver services which meet the business strategy, whilst maintaining a balance between cost/quality and supply/demand.
- To be accountable for financial and budgetary controls including IT financial forecasting and management of the overall IT Plan and the associated business units, ensuring that costs are managed within the allocated budget.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Proven senior IT technology leader with experience of scaling IT Operations in a high growth company
- Experience of health systems an advantage
- A solid understanding of computer systems, applications and operating systems, able to make sound technical decisions as well as manage projects
- Experience of managing multiple IT disciplines i.e. software development, technical support, systems architecture, project delivery etc.
- Experience of planning and delivering complex IT application projects and/or a programme of projects for a specific business area
- Demonstrable experience of negotiating with and managing third parties
- Management of applications development of significant size and complexity.
- Knowledgeable of delivery processes and methodologies
- Experience of budgeting and managing cost centres
Competitive salaries on offer in the region of £85,000 per annum plus an extensive benefits package. Salary negotiable depending on experience.
Role to be based out of central London and some travel to other sites may be required, but with minimal requirement to be on site with mainly flexible remote work available.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other