Brand new permanent Warehouse Operative vacancy for a growing Ecommerce business in Bishops Stortford, you will be joining a team of 3, the reason for the vacancy is expansion!
To be fair, this is more than just a Warehouse Operative role, this is heavily involved around the Stock, goods in, goods out, stock control, picking, packing, managing returns and dealing with technical queries from clients.
You will be upskilled where appropriate i.e., forklift and trained where appropriate but ideally you will already have some experience of the above.
As some of the stock is delivered and stored in a different warehouse you will need a driving licence in order to get to the site, a van is provided for this.
Your duties will be;
- Unloading and loading trailers, some heavy lifting involved
- Taking delivery of new stock, checking the stock against the delivery sheet, and checking for any damages
- Documenting and checking the delivery of goods in
- Storing stock in the correct place and in the right conditions
- Checking stock levels, tracking orders, and carrying out stock checks on a regular basis.
- Management of returns and technical queries from clients.
- Identifying the right part or product required.
- Locating the part or product using a computerised inventory system.
- Operating the forklift once fully trained
- Recording the outgoing stock on the computer system
- Keeping the area clean and tidy and identifying any health and safety hazards
- Full & Clean driving licence
- Experience of working in a similar environment
- Health & Safety awareness
- High level of IT literacy
- Comfortable with heavy lifting
- Team player
Hours of work are Mon – Fri, 9.00 – 5.30, some flexibility required
20 days holiday plus bank holidays
Salary £19,000 - £21,000 depending on experience
Development and training
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Transport, Logistics