We are currently recruiting for a children's support worker in Ipswich,
As a support worker, participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of individual care plans and engaging young people in positive routine, activities and learning. Ensure that young people have a voice in their care, involving them in planning their lives and decision making.
Due to it being a children's service the applicant will need to be over 23 years old
Residential Support Worker – Person Specification
All applicants must be able to commit to 39 hours and up to 3 sleep ins per week. Overtime opportunities are available however these are to be agreed between the employee and the business.
The shift pattern is flexible, with the rota being released every 6 weeks and providing notice. The usual shift is 8am – 11pm with a sleep in 3 times a week however this is flexible and different shifts will be rotored to consider for training and specific client requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to equality of opportunity to colleagues, service users and all external personnel
- A knowledge of the Children Act, Children homes regulations and subsequent relevant legislation
- Demonstration of a commitment to supporting and motivating young people
- Ability to maintain boundaries and communicate effectively with young people
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Health, Nursing