My client are a global engineering business who are looking for a senior validation engineer on a permanent basis. The successful senior validation engineer will lead activities in the specific product and system area to ensure that they are validated to the required reliability, cost, performance and quality targets. As the Senior Validation Engineer you will be responsible for programmes in advanced development through to field support. Department functional development activities will need to be supported. Due to Technical Centre consolidation programs the position will be primarily based at Gillingham, Kent. However the role will also include supporting activites in Gloucestershire, so some remote working and flexibility may be agreed.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare validation documentation and track execution of validaton plans.
- Prepare validation reports, and provide reliability life estimates for products and systems.
- Support the use of Reliability Engineering methodologies throughout the business.
- Provide technical support for failure analysis.
- Represent validation in Product Team, SMT and gate review meetings.
- Ensure EH&S and Quality Management System conformance (IATF 16949).
- Represent the client at customers and suppliers.
- Support department targets, Budget, Performance metrics and Quality Standards.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Degree level or other equivalent qualification in Engineering sector.
- 5+ Years previous experience in Reliability & Validation, within a relevant engineering sector.
- Good Reliability Engineering knowledge; Weibull, FRACAS, FMEA, Statisical Analysis etc.
- Knowledge of project managements skills and the ability to multi-task and switch effectively between different activities and priorities.
- A data driven Engineer with experience in applying DoEs and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated experience working with customers and communicating at all levels.
- Available for travelling where required (customers, suppliers sites)
- Knowledge of diesel common rail fuel injection systems, test environments and diesel engines.
- Exposure to rig test instrumentation, data acquisition and analysis.
- Skilled in the use of reliability and statistical IT applications such as Reliasoft Weibull++
In return my client offer a competitive salary and a strong package of benefits.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities