Transport Officer needed in Newbury paying £14.38 per hr PAYE Ref: 5170503
This is working full time hours on a temporary basis
Plan and co-ordinate the provision of transport services using internal or external resources as appropriate, including:
- the identification, assessment, award, monitoring and review of contracts, and the preparation of tender documents, ensuring effective co-ordinated provision of services;
- determination of, and allocation to, schedules for drivers, vehicles and contractors;
- regular review of contract operation to ensure that they are being provided in the most efficient and effective manner. Reporting on, and implement, any changes identified; ensuring effective payment of suppliers
- Develop, manage and regularly review client travel plans for service users.
- Liaise and negotiate with service providers over contractual, operational and other matters.
- Manage the financial aspects of team operations, including processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Process applications, issue passes, and identify appropriate transport solutions.
- Provide support and assistance in reducing operational risk.
- Assist with the safe and effective provision of vehicles and contracted services for a range of different users and assist with ensuring legal compliance of operations.
- Assist with the management of drivers and passenger assistants.
- Provide information relating to the activities of the team and its contractors, and assist in the preparation of reports.
- Prepare and distribute information regarding transport services available for all users, including any conditions attached.
- Carry out special projects as directed by the Principal or Senior Transport Officer, including the identification of cost savings and income, monitoring performance, and compilation of funding bids.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Transport, Logistics