This is an exciting opportunity for a Production Maanger to join a growing manufacturing business where you can make a real impact in improving processes and developing people.
You will be responsible for the leadership of the Operations department and manufacturing processes. You will deliver success through effective people management, by developing operational personnel to ensure that the skills base within the department reflects the company's current and future requirements.
What you will be doing as a Production Manager…
* Direct People management for the Manufacturing Shift Managers and Assistant Production Manager.
* Manage Best Practice across the production areas ensuring consistent ways of working and adoption of best ideas from each shift.
* Manage the communications and handovers across the shift to enable the best possible collaboration.
* Ensure collaboration between functions utilising support and fostering a team environment.
* People management, ensuring adoption and drive for the employee engagement with the "Vision" and Culture integrated into all related activities.
* Support the drive to maintain and improve the Investors in People status.
* Performance Management: coaching and mentoring of all direct reports., manage the handling of disciplinary and grievance processes within Operations, working with HR to ensure support for ensuring fairness, consistency and appropriate processes are followed.
* Responsible for conducting Performance Development Reviews for all direct reports.
* Strategic department development, supporting and delivering the company strategy through the necessary tactics and actions.
* Target/KPI achievement; ensuring that the Operations team achieve the agreed targets in Scrap, Throughput, Downtime, Tool change and Efficiency.
* Progress reporting: ensuring Directors, Senior Managers and key contacts are kept informed of progress, changes to plans and rectification actions.
* Schedule compliance: working with the Production Control Function to adhere to the plans and implement the appropriate proactive and reactive activities to deliver the required production on time.
* Display accurate up to date performance data across all shifts on all manufacturing processes and ensure this is communicated to all key stakeholders.
* Overall budgetary creation and control for the production department, ensuring all actions are taken to achieve the budget and to identify areas which may be an issue with solutions and reasons to the senior team.
* Identify areas where additional costs may be incurred and suggest counter measures.
* To create and maintain an environment of continuous improvement of both people skills and processes.
* Maintain a housekeeping regime that always promotes best practice and 5S standards.
* Liaison with the management team and other departments, as appropriate, in the daily running of the business.
* Responsible for organising and holding manufacturing meetings.
* Lead and contribute to the continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes.
What we are looking for…
* BTEC HNC/HND or Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering discipline or Management
* Six Sigma (at least Green belt but preferably Black belt)
* Experience as a senior level Production Manager
* CI / Lean / Six Sigma
* Leading a team on a shift-based system.
* Problem solving (systematic, analytical approach)
* Performance Management, Coaching and Mentoring, Team building
* Machine based medium batch manufacture.
* Lean 6 Sigma
* Cellular manufacture
* Budgetary control
* Health and Safety
* Management techniques
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other