A research university based in Hampshire is requiring a Business Analyst to join them on a permanent basis.
To apply business and systems analysis skills and knowledge to identify business needs, operational efficiencies and future technical solution detail.
To accurately document current and potential working practices through the eliciting, analysing, validating and mapping of systems and processes in a way that clearly identifies requirements, acceptance criteria and business benefits.
Key accountabilities/primary responsibilities
- Analyse operational challenges, conduct root cause analysis and propose solutions through developing and maintaining knowledge and understanding of the organisation, processes and systems.
- Conduct pre-project analysis to assess the feasibility & cost/benefits of alternative processes and system options; making recommendations based on this assessment and helping develop Business Cases and Project Initiation Documents
- Elicit, assess, prioritise and produce user requirements and process improvements including 'as is' and 'to be' process maps. Provide functional specifications and any other design documentation needed to ensure the successful specification of development requirements and verify that design meets requirements.
- Validate system and user testing approach and acceptance criteria are met. Create test strategies, scenarios, scripts and data and perform and co-ordinate testing activities as required.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Skill level equivalent to achievement of HND, Degree, NVQ4 or professional qualification.
- Proven ability to gather and review required information, developing suitable processes and reviewing both business and technical solutions.
- Production of business process documentation and process mapping.
- Facilitation of workshops and review meetings with technical and business users/customers.
- Use of Microsoft Office applications: Visio, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Confidence to challenge existing work practices; to produce options and proposals; to strive to make improvements; participate in project and technical discussions.
- Able to proactively work with colleagues in other work areas to achieve outcomes.
- Prepare effective diagrams, documents and presentations that communicate to users and stakeholders the need for the change, the benefits of the change and implications for them.
Office location is Southampton, Hampshire but role to be fully remote until at least September, with flexibility long term.
Annual salary on offer in the region of £38,000 plus a generous benefits package including 36 days annual leave, pension contribution, healthcare scheme etc.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other