Job title: Accountant
Hours: 37.5 per week (including flexi-time & homeworking)
Reporting to: Accounting Manager/Head of Finance
Salary: £23,000 - £28,000 + Study Support
My client are a well-established accountancy firm based in Lancaster providing accounting services to 1,200+ clients via cloud accounting software. The company offer a high quality service in Bookkeeping, Accounts, Payroll, VAT Returns and Tax Services as well as offering a wealth of knowledge and advice.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Ensure accounting team meets monthly KPIs (bank reconciliations, VAT & payroll).
- Preparation of self-assessment tax returns.
- Providing personal & corporate tax advice.
- Preparation of annual accounts.
- Dealing with HMRC in regards to queries and correspondence.
- Customer service - answering telephone calls and emails and dealing with queries and complaints.
- Promote quality of service delivered to clients for retention and growth.
- Report to managers & senior managers on personal and team performance.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- To be studying towards AAT, ACA, ACCA or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience of self-assessment tax returns, year end accounts & corporation tax.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to demonstrate patience in demanding circumstances.
- IT Skills with competent use of word and excel.
- To be able to solve problems and provide a professional, punctual, and accurate service to clients.
- To have a client focused attitude and commercial awareness within the firm.
Desirable Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience of the contractor accounts.
- Knowledge and experience of cloud accounting software
If you have the relevant Accounting experience for this role, please get in touch by applying within with your up to date CV.
Accounting, Accountancy, Account, Accountant, Contractor, Umbrella, PAYE, CIS, PSC
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Accountancy