* The go-to "Multi-Skilled" site Heating, Plumbing, Mechanical technician responsible for proactively carrying out routine planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and proactively addressing reactive calls via the helpdesk.
* Planning new installations with either self-completion or technical supervision of specialist contractors.
* Responsible for maintaining the site holding of mechanical and plumbing critical spares.
* Where your skill set allows, proactively contribute to the operational position of a multi-skilled building services technician and assist colleagues within other trade disciplines both technical and fabric.
* Identify energy saving initiatives and implement opportunities to reduce energy consumption. Monitor and make alterations to temperature and plant controls via a BMS system. Ensure energy saving BMS controls are working in accordance with best practice.
* Manage your own workload with reference to the reactive helpdesk and PPM scheduling. Proactively log work with the helpdesk, update the helpdesk with work progression and engage with the end user at all times.
* Proactively manage the mechanical and plumbing maintenance and ensure timely compliance of all tasks including remedial works.
* Maintains a professional standard of record keeping for compliance documentation together with all other statutory documentation required to be maintained within the scope of a Multi Skilled Technician.
* Manage procurement of materials through active engagement with suppliers and research into bespoke solutions.
* Supports delivery of RNLI Health & Safety policy and standards. Work safely, ensuring the safety and well-being of yourself, colleagues, customers, contractors and visitors.
* Makes decisions within parameters set by manager, using job and specialist experience.
* Requirement to be part of an on-call rota ensuring operational cover for weekdays, weekends and bank holidays.
* Work with third party contractors and suppliers on minor projects including completion of site Health & Safety inductions.
* To be willing to engage in further training including the updating of required job specific refresher training.
* To become involved in other adhoc tasks as required.
Commercial plumbing experience
Experience in air handling unit/ventilation systems maintenance and fault finding
NVQ level 2 or higher in Plumbing & Heating or equivalent in relevant trade/skill.
Time served apprentice, with post apprenticeship work experience.
Full driving licence.
Commercial and Domestic gas ACS competency qualification
Legionella Awareness Training,
Building management systems user training, unvented water heater systems
Building management systems controls experience
HVAC and Electrical related service
Salary up to £37,909 (dependant on experience)
Hours - Basic 37 hour week
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other