Key roles and responsibilities:
To generate 3 & 5 axis CNC programmes and support 3 & 5 axis CNC operators when required. The role will be Programming bias.
Below requirements are not conclusive however are considered to be the key responsibilities of this role:
- Generate CNC programmes for 3 & 5 axis machining for the trimming of composite parts, CNC jigs and patterns to produce composite tooling.
- Generate detailed work instructions for the machining setup, & support CNC operators during machining.
- Provide best machining practices to reduce time & improve efficiency.
- Support production operatives in all aspects of 3 & 5 axis machining.
- Operate 3 & 5 axis CNC machines when required to cover requirement for additional resource.
Key requirements and objectives:
- Enthusiastic and driven experienced CNC programmer / operator.
- Experience in the 3 & 5 axis programming software.
- Ability to identify root cause, overcome and resolve technical issues.
- Confidence to liaise with internal engineering team and sub-contract suppliers to support technical queries.
- Ability to deliver product on time and correct first time.
- Read and understand detailed drawings for manufacture.
- Provide technical support to the CNC operators.
- An awareness or ability to use 3D CAD software.
- Desired experience in the use of Mastercam CNC software or similar. Training can be provided.
- Awareness or experience to understand the process of CMM inspection and use of suitable software. Training can be provided.
Highly motivated individual with sound machining and manufacturing experience. A can do attitude and a high standard of professionalism at all times is key.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other