Design Coordinator required to join a leading Civil, Structural and Architectural Engineering Consultancy.
The company are currently experiencing a period of growth and are looking to expand their technical team by appointing an ambitious Design Coordinator.
The successful Design Coordinator will be involved on a number of exciting projects across various construction sectors, including Education, Healthcare, Assisted Living, Residential and Commercial.
The successful candidate will have experience working for either a consultancy or contractor within the construction sector. You will have covered projects relating in either architectural or structural engineering and be have covered the management and delivery of design information across both pre-construction and construction stage of construction related projects.
In return you will be offered an excellent starting salary and benefit package.
- Responsible for the management and delivery of design information across both pre-construction and construction stage of our projects.
- Good communicator who is comfortable working in a client facing role as part of a wide project team, having experience of various tender processes, procurement methods, and forms of contract
- Defining design scopes and ensuring the appointed design team carry out their duties as defined (
- Produce and monitor a design programme and deliverables schedule
- Monitor any design issues
- Maintain drawing and specification register as designs develop
- Review technical submissions from the design team and appointed subcontract designers to ensure compliance with the Employers Requirements, relevant legislation and technical requirements
- Chair design workshop and technical review meetings / stakeholder engagement meetings
- Attend site progress meetings and coordinate design progress reports from the appointed team
- Attend site when required in support of the delivery team
- Coordination of as built information, Residual Risk Registers and O and M Manuals in sufficient time towards project completion
Commutable locations: Bedford, Cambridge, Luton, Peterborough, Luton, Stevenage, Chelmsford, Bury St Edmunds, Kings Lynn
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Construction