As a Field Engineer you will support the Engineer team with all field activities. You will maintain an in depth, practical product knowledge across all products. Directly supporting the Engineering team during the manufacture, install & commissioning phases. This role will involve a high level of international travel.
What will you be doing?....
- Ensure Product Engineers have all that is required to enable them to work up any required product change request or solution through the Change Control Process.
- Field mark ups of product documentation (drawings, manuals, guides, checklists etc.) are sent in a timely and clear manner to technical support colleagues & Product Engineer.
- Provide direct engineering product support as required, ensuring issues are appropriately resolved.
- Reporting of field visits, product issues are formally communicated back to technical support colleagues and escalated to product engineers as required.
- Deliver the roll out of workpacks either directly or through managed subcontract resource.
- Work closely with our Product Development colleagues to receive new products and developments, being actively engaged with early field deliveries of new products to ensure successful handover of product to Central Automation Engineering team.
- Demonstrable experience & success in Field Engineering
- Ability to perform unsupervised, under pressure on your own initiative often with geographical isolation from other engineering colleagues for long periods of time
- Willing and able to travel on short notice and for 1-2 weeks at a time
- Installation & commissioning of complex products and/or systems
- Acceptance Testing
- IT literate, proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite
- Skilled in the use of small hand tools
- Comfortable using field test & measurement equipment e.g. DMM
- International working as an engineer
- Remote Product Support
- Technical / Engineering qualification, to HND level in a relevant field
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other