This position offers a great opportunity to work within a talented robotics engineering team who are working to automate physical processes that require sensing and judgement through the use of robotics and machine vision.
This position offers flexibility in home/on site working.
What you will be doing as a Mechanical Design Engineer…
- Drive new concepts and innovations;
- Setting up and processing data in a CAD environment in an iterative process;
- Design of highly reliable mechanical components and subsystems taking into account manufacturability, cost, weight etc;
- Use of analytical tools to drive and substantiate design decisions;
- Selecting, working with and managing manufacturers and suppliers;
- Ensuring schedules are met and both project and technical risks are mitigated;
- Accountable for the quality and timely delivery of own work, ensuring that designs achieve product requirements.
- Supporting the transition of designs into manufacture
- Designing products comprised of both commercial off-the-shelf and bespoke components, using varying manufacturing techniques, taking an additive first approach, and using conventional manufacturing methods only when additive isn't suitable (for example machining, casting, extrusion, injection moulding)
We'd like to hear from you if you have...
- A good Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Mechanical Engineering qualification with experience
- A great track record in designing complex electro-mechanical automation systems, robotics, machines or products that have gone into production
- Experience in design application of DFMA techniques, with consideration of manufacturing techniques for scale
- Expert experience in CAD; preferably OnShape or SolidWorks and PDM software
- Familiar with product handling techniques
- Experience of delivering work packages on time and within budget constraints;
- Familiar with risk identification and activities to de-risk designs through analysis and testing
- Able to generate technical documentation
- The ability to work within a team on multiple projects, to prioritise tasks and to manage own time;
- Self-motivated, team player, flexible and willing to learn
- Used to working in a fast paced, changing, professional environment
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience using additive manufacturing and rapid prototyping techniques
- Practical FEA experience
- Creation of Operating or Maintenance manuals.
- Experience drafting to BS8888 with the use of GD&T
- A good understanding of component selection
- Knowledge in mechatronics
- Background within solid mechanics, statics, fracture and fatigue
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other