A fast-paced and innovative technology company is experiencing unprecedented growth. Originally a spin-off from a University, the company has a family of electro-mechanically powered products that has overwhelming interest from industry world-wide.
Due to demand for its products the business needs to strengthen its engineering by recruiting an able project engineer. This is a broad-based role covering both project management and multi-discipline engineering.
The position presents the chance to work within a bright and highly-motivated multi-disciplinary team. State of the art equipment and associated software will be provided.
What we are looking for…
- You will need to be a highly innovative and pro-active individual, capable of responding creatively to very rapid development.
- You will hold a Masters in Mechanical Engineering.
- You will possess strong commercial and business awareness
- Detailed understanding of the fatigue behaviour of metals will be helpful
- Detailed understanding and experience of the analysis of jointed & bolted structures.
- You will be able to demonstrate a record of creative and innovative engineering solutions
- Familiarity with electro-mechanical industry practice
- You will have proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You will be self-motivated and enthusiastic, with the proven ability to foster, develop and maintain effective working relationships with customers, suppliers and contractors at all levels.
- Ideally you will have a proven track record of implementing engineering lifecycles and processes and cradleto-grave experience of long life cycle, electro-mechanical products.
- Ideally you will have excellent IT and presentation skills (both verbal and written), with proven experience of producing high quality engineering documentation.
- You will demonstrate leadership, a willingness to share knowledge and help others, mentor more junior colleagues and take the initiative in keeping your skills up to date.
- You will have experience working under broad direction, being fully accountable for your own technical work and/or project/supervisory responsibilities, receiving assignments in the form of objectives.
- A willingness to travel to work on-site.
What you will be doing…
- Mechanical design of long life cycle, high volume/precision, products.
- Structural calculations and analysis including analytical calculations, design and FEA.
- Interface with the customer to achieve a positive working relationship and confidence.
- Support customers, trial and bids, etc.
- You will be expected to take customer requirements into account and demonstrate creativity and innovation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers, interfacing with professional engineering staff and instil confidence. This against a challenging background which requires the application of fundamental principles in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts.
- Implement relevant standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to your own specialism, or research from other specialists and make correct choices from alternatives.
- Analyse, diagnose, design, plan, execute and evaluate work to time, cost and quality targets, communicating effectively, formally and informally, with colleagues, subordinates and customers.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other