A fast-paced and innovative technology company is experiencing unprecedented growth. Originally a spin-off from a University, the company has a family of electro-mechanically powered products that has overwhelming interest from industry world-wide.
Due to demand for its products the business needs to strengthen its engineering by recruiting an able project engineer. This is a broad-based role covering both project management and multi-discipline engineering.
The position presents the chance to work within a bright and highly-motivated multi-disciplinary team. State of the art equipment and associated software will be provided.
The ideal candidate will be a professional project engineer with experience within an industrial sector with significant technological content.
What you will be doing…
- To project manage and facilitate the delivery of customer projects to the required level of quality, and within the budget, deadline and scope constraints as agreed by the Customer Projects Team Lead UK/EU.
- To lead each project with dedication and professionalism throughout its entire life cycle. This will involve coordinating a multitude of activities, tasks and personnel to ensure timely delivery to the customer.
- To quickly establish positive & productive working relationships with customers and
suppliers at all levels.
- To produce high quality engineering documentation and present both technical and project
information in a professional manner (both verbally and in writing).
- To complete hands-on installation surveys and support work for electro-mechanical equipment, with safety as your highest priority.
- To travel on a regular basis independently for on-site work and customer meetings. This will be both within the UK and internationally.
- To set an example of professionalism and high standards within the team and company.
- To assist members of the Projects Team with their own projects where help and advice is needed.
- To pursue continual improvement within the company with internal processes and tools.
- To undertake other duties not included above, as business demands require, but which will be consistent with the role outlined.
What we are looking for…
- A graduate with a high-level degree in engineering, preferably specialising in electro-mechanical engineering.
- Engineering Chartership, or in active pursuit of accreditation.
- APM or other Project Management qualifications desired.
- Experience in a leadership role as the Project Focal Point for internal engineering teams and the customer.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously. This will involve coordinating a multitude of activities, tasks and personnel to ensure timely delivery to the customer.
- Excellent IT and presentation skills (both verbal and written), with proven experience of producing high quality engineering documentation.
- The ability to quickly establish positive & productive working relationships with customers and suppliers at all levels.
- Cradle-to-grave experience in project engineering of long-life cycle, electro-mechanical products is preferred.
- Practical, hands-on experience working with electro-mechanical equipment, as well as experience relating to the conformance of equipment to engineering standards.
- Proven experience working independently and a willingness to travel abroad to work on-site on a regular basis. This will include online conferencing and self-motivation for tasks requiring solo work.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing, creative engineering team where the prospects for personal growth are high.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other