- Ensure designs meet the relevant requirements
- Understand sizing, of components and layouts
- Able to generate concept sketches and CAD layouts for communication to design team
- Definition and mitigation of product and process risks
- Production of diagrammatic or pictorial information for manuals and marketing documentation
- Design for Manufacture
- Good understanding of GD&T and best practice drawing office deliveries
- Able to clearly demonstrate Design for Manufacture awareness and delivery
- Able to generate clear specifications and requirements for procuring products
- Ensure designs meet the electrical requirements of IEC EN61010-1
- Understand grounding, wire sizes, circuit breakers, etc.
- Capability of understanding worldwide electrical design requirements (CSA, UL etc.)
- Source and select electronic controllers for use in products
- Understand the different sorts of controller, e.g. pid control, motor speed control
- Minimum HND in Materials, Mechanical or Electronics Engineering
- Design, development, test of Mechanical equipment (electro mechanical equipment would be ideal)
- Ability to understand impact of design changes onto a product
- Test & Validation Experience of Engineering, Mechatronic, Software and Electronic systems.
- Interpretation of Specification and Requirements management of Engineering, Mechatronic systems
- Strong Design for Manufacture and Production capabilities
- Sheet metalwork experience.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other