This DevOps Engineer job role joins an established team that is growing and represents a fantastic opportunity to join a business that can offer both short term challenge and longer term career development. Based from their offices in Fareham you will play a key role in driving their journey towards maturing and improving their current automation capabilities and delivery processes.
This is a highly visible role that will see you in a hands on position and provide insights and advice on DevOps in practice. As a result being able to effectively communicate with wider stakeholders as to the "why" is essential.
Key tech skills / experience include
· The role requires a deep expertise in component technologies, proven execution skills, always exploring and innovating, with a keen eye for detail and investigative nature.
· Ensure that applications can be continuously released with high levels of confidence while also improving the scalability, reliability, quality and performance of the Continuous Delivery/DevOps platforms (Azure DevOps, Jenkins).
· Background in scripting language (Bash, Python, Ruby)
· Ability to prioritise work and deliver to deadlines, whilst building relationships and experience collaborating for business success
· Background in using Infrastructure as Code (Puppet, Ansible, Terraform) and knowledge of Docker/AKS/K8S containerisation and microservice methodology. API development and interactions.
· Linux systems administration and package management, an understanding of how operating system configurations can impact environment management
This job role will see you join a team that is well regarded internally and offers genuine career opportunity to strengthen technical knowledge / experience as well offering a route to management if desired.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other