A modern SEN School in Harrow are looking for a competent, caring and collaborative SEN Teacher to lead their Year 7 class. Pupils in your class have Severe and Complex Learning Needs inclusive of Autism, SEMH, Behavioural Challenges and Speech, Language and Communicate Difficulties. Though in Year 7, emotionally they are developed to age 5-7, and so will be accessing Early Years and Primary Levels of learning. With this is mind, you will be responsible for delivering a highly differentiated curriculum, tailored to the needs of your pupils. Coordinating TA’s and HLTA’s within your class to support with classroom management and ensure lessons are of high impact. The school team are incredibly welcoming and pride themselves on being on-hand to support you, should you need it.
To make a positive impact here:
- You will have a patient, empathetic and creative approach to lesson delivery and classroom management
- Your calm and approachable nature will help build trusting relationships with your pupils
- Resilient to deal with outbursts of emotional behaviour
- Coordinates Support Staff to ensure smooth running of class and impactful sessions are being presented
- Ideally has previous experience teaching pupils accessing levels below expectations and experience with Severe and Complex Learning Difficulties especially Autism, SEMH, Behaviour and Speech, Language and Communication Needs.
- Must hold QTS and have an up-to-date DBS.
- Access to References
- This school is fitted with an abundance of modern technology and facilities
- Diverse, Fun and Supportive Team
- Good transport links and on-site parking available
COVID-19 Notice - We will not be interviewing candidates face to face, we will instead be interviewing via video link where possible or speaking via phone call. Vetting procedures will be carried out online.
UCM Education specialise in placing Teachers and support staff in schools and nurseries throughout the UK. Due to the number of applications we receive for job posts, we cannot contact all unsuccessful applicants. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education
Less than 1 year