We are recruiting for x2 Brokerage officer positions for our Oxford based client on an interim basis from June - August.
Main duties include;
- To undertake brokerage activities to identify, source and establish effective care and support arrangements for children and adults (specialising in a particular life stage), working with operational services, providers and service users.
● To receive referrals for individual care and support arrangements and provide appropriate signposting, information and advice to service users and their families in order to inform their care and support decisions.
● To identify options for care and support packages within the appropriate cost and service requirements, liaising with service users and their families.
● To source the required care and support services which meet the individual's needs and preferences and negotiate price as appropriate to ensure cost-effective arrangements.
● To be responsible for completing and co-ordinating the relevant contract governance documentation in a timely and accurate manner and attending relevant panel meetings, in order to support appropriate decision making in line with agreed policies and delegation.
● To regularly liaise with the service user, operational services, providers and other stakeholders throughout the brokerage process so they are informed of options, progress and decisions.
● To apply a person-centred approach to brokering care and support arrangements which enable the delivery of outcomes, needs and preferences for the service user, carers and their families.
- To be responsible for timely, accurate and robust data recording, documentation and administration for individual care and support arrangements using the relevant ICT systems.
● To enable, build and maintain effective working relationships with individual suppliers and the wider market, supporting commissioning colleagues in market shaping and development.
● To enable, build and maintain effective working relationships with operational services, providing advice and quality assurance, so that care and support arrangements deliver outcomes, quality and value.
● To comply and maintain good knowledge of legislation, government guidance and policies relevant to children and adults requiring care and support packages (specialising in a life stage).
● To ensure that children and vulnerable adults are safeguarded at all times and in line with current legislation, and where appropriate to report areas of concern.
● To enable innovation, creativity and continuous improvement in care and support arrangements, as well as wider commissioning, procurement and contract management, by working with suppliers and operational services.
● To contribute to other commissioning activities as required to support a joined-up approach to commissioning, procurement and contract management of Health, Education and Social Care services.
● To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post.
Essential Criteria includes:
- A degree level or equivalent qualification or relevant professional experience commensurate with the role
- Relevant work experience in purchasing, sourcing, contract management and/or financial management in the public or private sector
- Evidence of using a range of tools, core Microsoft applications and other applications which will support effective brokerage, including capturing robust data, data analysis and reporting
- Understanding of the legislative frameworks for safeguarding vulnerable adults and children and knowledge of legislation, care quality practice and contract monitoring for the relevant life
- Ability to communicate effectively in formal and informal settings, build strong relationships and work flexibly with a wide range of stakeholders, including suppliers and operational services.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Secretarial, PAs, Administration
Student (Higher education/Graduate)
'A' level/Higher or equivalent