What will you do?
Wealthy & Mid-sized Business Compliance (WMBC) is responsible for a broad range of customers and plays a key role in supporting the growth that Mid-sized businesses bring to the UK economy.
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional leader to lead a diverse programme of Mid-Sized Business compliance activity building sustainable compliance across several varied tax risk areas.
You’ll lead the operational delivery of the function and work across HMRC and wider Government to identify and implement ways to exploit new technology and customer insight that transforms how we work.
How will you add value to the role?
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills to engage confidently in a wide range of situations
- A proven track record of improving business performance through continuous improvement
- Experience of successfully leading large geographically disparate teams
- Strong people leader who prioritises inclusion and development of teams
- Experience of using insight and analytics to improve business performance
- Experience of designing and delivering effective programmes of compliance projects
- A track record of innovation and working with delivery partners to implement changes that deliver better outcomes for customers and colleagues
What will you be part of?
WMBC is responsible for the compliance of a broad range of customer segments and tax risk areas, delivered through a team of over 4,000 colleagues across 46 locations.
We aim to put customer insight at the heart of everything we do and want to improve our understanding of how our customers arrange their financial affairs.
You’ll be highly visible with key customer groups and stakeholders and will work in partnership with colleagues in policy teams and those delivering change programmes.
You’ll lead the operational delivery of an area of c1,800, with 9 direct reports, covering Mid-sized business compliance work. As a key member of the WMBC Senior Leadership Team, you’ll contribute to the corporate and collective leadership of the directorate.
What’s in it for you?
We are one of the country’s largest employers, with around 60,000 people working across the UK.
Whatever your role, you’ll be amongst people with an incredible range of skills and experience.
Our strength as an organisation is in our diverse people, ideas and backgrounds, and the inclusive working culture that brings us together.
We’re committed to providing everyone with an employee experience that makes you feel connected to your work, your colleagues and your workplace, and feel proud to be a part of our mission.
Key benefits include:
- Base salary of £71K (£74.5K London) dependent upon experience
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Additional one days paid leave commemorating the Queen’s Birthday
- Civil Service pension - highly competitive contributory scheme
- Flexible working schemes, including part- time or term-time working
- Generous paid maternity / paternity leave (notably higher than the statutory minimum)
- Tax-Free Childcare (TFC) scheme
- Interest-free travel/ bicycle loans
- Onsite facilities including fitness centres and staff canteens (where applicable)
- Learning and development tailored to your role
How to Apply:
Please note: we can only consider applications that have been submitted via the Civil Service Careers site - select 'Apply Now' to be redirected.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services