our client is looking for an experienced Administrative Officer to work on 36 hours per week contract role to start on the 13-11-17 until the 13-02-18 with a likely extension
Hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday. All candidates must of had public sector experience
Prior knowledge of Mosiac Case Managament system would be useful.
Allocated tasks may include the following.
- Responsible for delivering section based or the client's wide administrative processes. This will require the application and interpretation of defined criteria or seeking out solutions where issues are not straightforward, only clearing or referring complex matters.
- Working with other client's functions or partner services to gather information and coordinate responses to internal or external enquiries.
- Make contact by phone; compose correspondence and e-mails as part of the application of processes or in response to specific enquiries. Seek solutions and be accountable for related follow up action where appropriate to the role and the section’s purpose.
- Provide office support which may require the direction of others, dealing with incoming phone calls, meeting arrangements, data management – scanning, archiving, logging and distributing data, participating in reviews of processes and systems
- Maintain various administrative related manual or electronic systems, including corporate IT systems, spreadsheets, databases, text files. Be able to respond to queries and to produce appropriate outputs, e.g. reports.
- Produce written and statistical reports, using Microsoft Office suite or other appropriate software. This may include preparing reports for a specific need.
- Dependent on the organisation of the section, supervise one or more staff involved in the provision of administrative tasks.
- Take specific responsibility for a function related to the smooth operation of the office environment, which would require some specific knowledge (e.g. health and safety issues), or co-ordinating others’ activities, or setting up an administrative process that support the work of the Section.
- Dependent on the work of the Section undertake administrative tasks that require specific knowledge, skills or experience, for example -
- Take notes/ minutes and services meetings that include information that is particularly sensitive or confidential (e.g. child protection, legal issues etc). Undertake follow up action as directed.
- Attend meetings to share information or answer queries on the Section’s administrative process.
- Participate in projects led by others, involving fact finding, desk top research, maintaining project plans etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office at a level to compile; reports (including embedded tables / diagrams), correspondence, presentations, maintaining spreadsheets, meeting arrangements.
- Knowledge of how equal opportunities principles apply in administrative and customer services.
- Literacy skills in order to compile management information, non-standard correspondence, minute and produce accurate records of meetings.
4 Numeracy skills in order to compile simple statistical and financial information and undertake complex calculations.
- Understand how to manage manual and IT based records efficiently and with appropriate confidentiality.
6 To have clerical experience including:
- interpreting policy/ procedural guidance and advise others accordingly
- managing a busy workload.
- maintaining records and administrative systems- manual & computerised
- producing simple statistical or financial information
- using office equipment and IT software to organise and achieve work
7 Experience of composing written materials that meet customers’ needs:-
- original correspondence,
- appropriate use of e-mail
- related to the administration of meetings including note/minute taking
- Experience of working on own initiative, organise workloads, determine priorities and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to encourage positive working relationships.
10 Ability to resolve problems creatively, and disseminate information clearly.
ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY MUST BE ABLE TO PROVIDE 5 YEARS WORTH OF REFERENCES AND HOLD A CURRENT ENHANCED DBS/CRB WHICH IS LESS THAN 12 MONTHS