The company is a long-established Mechanical engineering company. The company designs, manufactures and installs equipment for the Water Industry. They are looking for a person to fill the role of 'Contracts Manager' the position will be based in Lichfield and will for the most part be office based .
The duties for this position include:
- Maintain close working relationship with the Managing Director & client and Interact proactively with other departments and members of the engineering team.
- Maintain Contracts programme delivery system
- Prepare technical equipment selections
- Work closely with the production manager to maintain manufacturing schedules
- Work closely with the engineering team to monitor production of design and detail drawings
- Work closely with procurement to monitor supply of materials and components
- Supervise Contracts engineers and monitor progress of contracts and installations
- Supervise the scheduling of the installation programme
- Assist with communications and transfer of information between departments, clients, the Designers, sub-contractors & Vendors.
- Perform handover meeting with new orders from Projects Manager
- Highlight any commercial risk from design or proposed contractual agreement.
- Maintain knowledge of Water industry specification and NEC contract conditions
- Develop a working knowledge of the various treatment processes and machine selection procedures
- Carry out site visits and perform site inspections
- Visit clients to attend pre-let and progress meetings
Qualifications and Experience:
- Engineering degree level or HNC as a minimum - preferably in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of the UK water industry
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other