Working closely with the Head of Software you will work as a member of a Software Development team, with the opportunity to contribute to the design, development, and verification of software. You will gain experience in a broad range of technologies and toolsets.
You will be integrated into a dynamic and fast-paced development team, overcoming challenges and producing innovation solutions. The successful candidate is self-motivated and energetic, with a strong drive to ensure successful outcomes.
- Delivering the software engineering tasks for a project within the allocated budget and time frame.
- Coordinating the project engineering team to develop and deliver a solution that is technically and commercially acceptable.
- Generating, understanding, and reviewing system requirements.
- Developing and documenting Software architecture, design, and Verification strategies.
- Ensuring that the specification, design, and acceptance information is fully traceable.
- Leading all the activities relating to Software verification and acceptance.
- Providing input to project schedules through regular and clear progress reports.
- Supporting bids by providing technical solutions, estimates, and plans.
Experience and qualifications
- Proficient in C/Assembly/C++
- Previous experience with embedded software development
- Experience of model-based system design for complex systems.
- Ability to prototype and provide Proof of Concepts
- Thorough understanding of DO178B/C, Standard and objectives.
- Ability to review schematics and read data sheets; experience supporting hardware bring-ups and debugging
- Perform requirement analysis and flow down to software and detail design.
- Ability to work in a structured engineering process-oriented environment, with experience of software quality and management processes.
- Experience of model-based software development in Simulink/Stateflow.
- Experience in application development using AE653 compliant operating systems.
- Knowledge of communication protocols like ARINC825, ARINC429, I2C, CANOpen and Serial Bus.
- Experience in scripting languages like Python would be an added advantage.
- Experience in ALM tools like Polarion and Configuration management tools like Teamcenter would be an added advantage.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other