This role works with a team responsible for I/O Panels, P&ID drafting, schematics, instrumentation, and analytical enclosures/equipment for new plants.
- Prepare designs, drawings, and layouts. Utilize diverse procedures and standards to perform original design work and execute layouts. Develop instrument panel layouts for I/O, field instrumentation and analyzers; Participate in design standardization.
- Problem solve and perform the Control Systems Lead role for cryogenic air separation supply systems.
- Participate in capital projects and Global Product Line plants.
- Develop Process and Instrumentation Diagrams, Schematic Wiring Diagrams and Control Panel design/fabrication drawings per company standards and electrical codes.
- Specify various pneumatic, electrical and analytical instrumentation appropriate for cryogenic air separation systems.
- Review and approve design packages for conformance to project definition, design safety, and quality standards, codes, and completeness.
- Prepare documentation of Bills of Materials reports and instrument equipment lists.
- Review and check project specific drawings and data sheets.
- Interface with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Work with field teams on installations, issue identifications, analysis and repairs.
- Collaborate with other engineers to provide assistance on defined problems.
- Coordinate design activities between U.S. and Chinese counterparts.
- Learn and provide feedback on global engineering work processes and practices.
- Utilize specialized skills in air separation processes, equipment control, safety standards, and control system design.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or a related field
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience as a Control Systems Engineer/Designer, Systems Engineer, Electrical Engineer, or a related position
- Ability to effectively work within office, construction, and operating plant environments are essential.
- Must have the perseverance and results driven attitude to advance goals and objectives
- Must be proficient in verbal and written communication while participating in a project team environment
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time to support project tasks, supplier visits. commissioning, and construction
- Five (5) years of experience with air separation process, equipment control, safety standards, and control system design; AutoCAD drafting software used in the development of Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, Schematic Wiring Diagrams and Control Panel design/fabrication drawings; Instrument Society of America (ISA) symbols
- Working knowledge of industrial codes, standards and practices
- Familiarity with database drawing software (i.e. Siemens COMOS, Bentley Autoplant, Smartplant)
- Knowledge of process analyzer systems
- Knowledge in programmable logic controllers (Rockwell Allen Bradley and/or Siemens) systems
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other