As the Technical Lead, you will be managing Interconnect work packages across the product range to deliver design solutions for the creation of bespoke cable designs. To do this you will use customer, environmental and technical requirements to define manufacturable solutions delivered on time, on cost and on quality.
You will be responsible for making sure the work load is planned, budgeted correctly and that all design reviews and documentation are held/created at the correct time with the appropriate audience. You will be working with multiple departments and external suppliers to plan, implement, and improve solutions whilst dealing with opportunities and challenges as they arise as an individual and/or part of a team.
Your main skills will be the ability to interpret written and verbal requirements to plan and manage work packages in an agile way - aiming for the gold standard but understanding that is not always the required solution. An understanding of the needs of interconnects in different environments and the effect on their design and manufacture. Being a proactive team member who can work effectively in collaboration with other disciplines to prioritise, delegate and/or manage multiple requirements. A positive attitude to understand and improve not only the product but also tools, process and oneself.
What we're looking for
- Demonstrable experience of managing work packages
- Proven experience of Interconnect/Cable/Harness design
- An appreciation of Interconnect manufacturing process
- The ability to work to required timescales, identifying and addressing critical aspects as a priority
- You will need to work effectively in collaboration with other disciplines - mechanical, electronic designers and relevant project managers etc., underpinned by strong verbal and written communication skills
- We're looking for someone with a proactive approach who is motivated and has the ability to balance cost, quality and schedule; simultaneously giving due consideration to Design for Manufacture and Design for Test.
Whilst not essential, it would be great if you can demonstrate an understanding of the product life cycle, Military Defence Standards and cable harness Manufacture (IPC-WHMA-A-620C).
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other