My Client is recruiting for a Planning Engineer in the Water Sector
Reporting to the Planning Manager, who you will be working with to develop and maintain a multidisciplinary Mechanical, Electrical & Civil programme of works with a key client. In addition, there will also be requirement to work with the Delivery Teams, Project and Site Managers, their engineering and construction teams to develop and update cost loaded and resourced programmes where required.
- Develop and maintain a strategic programme of works closely and collaboratively with a key client.
- Liaise with senior stakeholders both internally and externally to update and convey the strategic programme including resource and cost levelling.
- Development of standalone multidisciplinary construction baseline project plans in collaboration with the project delivery teams when required.
- Ensuring client focused planning output including the adoption of Collaborative Planning where possible.
- Identification and tracking of all changes or potential changes to the agreed construction scope, ensuring that the relevant contract principles are applied and that the impacts are given immediate visibility to appropriate stakeholders
- Adoption of Collaborative Planning (an internal delivery tool).
- Ensuring accurate and timely planning, including progress reporting, effective measurement of key dates and milestones, stretch targets and critical path analysis
- Receiving and understanding of all project programme data and integrate all construction activities to mitigate potential resource and workface clashes
- Ensuring Compliance with Management Systems
- Compilation of Project and Programme Information
- Site Programme reviews to ensure accurate recording of progress
- Monitoring and Updating of Project and Programme Information
- Pro-active and forward looking to support stakeholders in strategic and management decisions
- Ability to travel and spend time in our regional offices to support the planning teams
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent communication and presenting skills at all levels, customer focused, personable, attentive, active listener, confident
- Excellent IT skills and relevant knowledge & experience of MS project. The knowledge and experience of other planning software such as Primavera P6 and ASTA Power project will be an advantage.
- Excellent report writing and data analysis skills, speedy real-time changes to cover "what if Scenarios" when required, (Client meetings)
- Effective management of key stakeholders (Team, Client, internal and external)
- Excellent time management, Organisational and planning skills.
- Methodological approach
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent multidisciplinary construction knowledge (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Instrumentation and control) ideally in the water industry
- A Site Management background would be advantageous
- Understanding engineering principles and ability to interpret 3D models and engineering drawings
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other