Senior Electrical Project Engineer
Location – Derbyshire
£43,000 – 48,000 + £4320 Car Allowance + Overseas Allowance + Pension + 25 Days Holiday
I am working in partnership with one of the UK’s leading process engineering companies. The business focuses on the delivery of turnkey engineering projects for process industries including mechanical, electrical, process and software design, with key sectors they work in being food, drink, and pharmaceuticals.
To support their well experienced design team, the company are currently looking for a Senior Electrical Project Engineer to be involved with electrical aspects of projects from procurement, design through to site supervision and commissioning.
After project has been won & a P&ID is created by the process design team, the Senior Electrical Project Engineer will then:
- Attend regular project meetings internally and externally
- Carries out electrical design work – what size and shape of cables are needed, what size motors are required. Specifies and procures the panels (mild steel, wardrobe panels) needed for the project. Specifies and procures the instruments required. Specifies what HMI, SCADA and PLC is needed for procurement
- The detailed layout of the control panels is done by sub-contractors
- Oversee the suppliers building the control panels for the project – visit the supplier, invite the customer to the visit to ensure they are happy. Organise FAT and functional testing for the panels once they are manufactured
- Design implement and procure the electrical installation – size the cables, size the circuit protection, create single line diagrams, create cable schedules and layouts
- Put the electrical installation work out to tender and select the supplier for the project
- Manage up progress and issues during progress on electrical work to the Project Manager – make them aware of any variations to order to ensure they are managed
- Ensure the electrical information for equipment is correct to go onto the master P&ID
- Specify instrumentation needed to suppliers
- Organise the electrical engineers work on the project and benchmark the quality of work going on
- Once project goes to site – oversee the electrical installation contractors carrying out the installation work – this may be delegated to more Junior Engineer to supervise the work). The contractor tests all the installation they do – ensure certificates for these are received. Inspect the installation.
- Carry out electrical commission activity at site
- To be successful in your application for the Senior Electrical Project Engineer role you will need:
- An electrical engineering qualification of HNC, HND or Degree.
- Previous experience of supervising electrical installation contractors onsite would be highly beneficial
- Experience working as an Electrical Design Engineer on projects within a process or machinery/production line process design environment
- To be happy to travel to site for installation supervision towards the end of a project
- £43,000 – 48,000
- £4,320 car allowance
- 50% uplift on salary when overseas for more than two weeks at a time
ATA Recruitment is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
ATA Recruitment specialise in recruiting the best technical and engineering talent and providing complete workforce solutions to help build and maintain infrastructure and transportation for a wide range of UK clients - for more opportunities like this one, visit our website
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
£4320 CA + OS Allowance + Pension + 25 Days Holiday
- Industry Sector IT & Internet