Electrical Project Engineer
Location – Staffordshire
£30,000 – £37,000 + Overtime (£20ph) + 5% Pension + 25 Days Holiday
My client is a process engineering specialist who design and manufacture turnkey process equipment for clients in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and materials handling amongst other industries. The company have a trading history that dates back over 200 years and a senior management and directorship team who are all home grown from within the business.
The company employs 150 staff of which 90 are employed in professional engineering roles (18 of whom are chartered) across software, process, electrical and mechanical disciplines. The company are experienced huge growth in capital projects won and anticipate they will turn over nearly £50 million in 2019 with big plans for growth in the future.
The company are currently looking for an Electrical Project Engineer to be involved with electrical engineering aspects of projects from procurement, design through to site supervision and commissioning. Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Electrical Project Engineer role will involve:
- A kick off meeting for a new project begins with P&ID’s being produced by the process engineering team
- The Electrical engineer determines the size of cables, number of motors and carries out loading calculations to ensure the right electrical equipment is procured
- You will then produce specifications for control panels and electrical installation companies and go out to tender to choose the right supplier for these activities
- Specifying the instruments required for the system including switches, flow meters and temperature gauges
- You will use AutoCAD to produce single line diagrams, cable routings and panel layouts required
- Once the project goes to installation and commissioning phase at site you will be responsible for the supervision and management of the subcontract companies carrying out these activities
To be successful in your application for the Electrical Project Engineer role you will need:
- An electrical engineering qualification of HNC, HND or Degree
- Experience in electrical engineering calculations for sizing cables and electrical equipment
- To be happy to travel to site for installation supervision towards the end of a project
- £30,000 - 37,000
- Paid Overtime at £20ph
- 50% uplift on salary when overseas for more than two weeks at a time
- 5% pension
- Working for a business that supports people through chartership
ATA Recruitment is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
ATA Recruitment specialise in recruiting the best technical and engineering talent and providing complete workforce solutions to help build and maintain infrastructure and transportation for a wide range of UK clients - for more opportunities like this one, visit our website
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
Overtime (£20ph) + 5% Pension + 25 Days Holiday
- Industry Sector IT & Internet