Golf Club Name: Allerton Manor
Title: Assistant Greenkeeper
Reports to: Head Greenkeeper
Based at: Allerton manor or Sherdley Park St Helens
Established in 1924, Allerton Manor Golf Course is a mature tree-lined course in Allerton, an affluent, leafy suburb in South Liverpool. It is a strategically challenging golf course that requires golfers to plot their way around in a mature arboreal setting.
Only a 10-minute drive from both Liverpool City Centre and Liverpool John Lennon Airport, we are ideally located to cater for golfers from across Merseyside, The Wirral and Cheshire who want to play golf in a beautiful setting without the restrictions held in most of the regions private membership-based golf clubs.
We are currently looking to employ a passionate and ambitious individual as an Assistant Greenkeeper to help maintain the high standards our members and visitors have come to expect at Allerton manor and sister Course Sherdley Park, St Helens, you will be based on at either course.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- To carry out routine golf course maintenance as directed by the Head Greenkeeper.
- Work will consist of the skilled use of appropriate tools and equipment daily, which include the utilisation of ride-on mowers, tractors, and mounted accessories, as well as pedestrian controlled plant and powered hand tools. A typical working week will include both manual and machinery tasks.
Overall responsibilities will include the following operations:
- Monitor and maintain health & safety and security in the workplace.
- Machine mowing of banks, rough, semi-rough, tees, collars, approaches, fairways, and greens.
- Changing holes.
- Scarifying, verti-cutting, aeration.
- Applying nutrition & top dressing.
- Identifying control of weeds, pests, and control of turf disease and disorders.
- Bunker maintenance.
- Routine machinery maintenance.
- Effective communication.
- Uniform and PPE will be supplied.
The working week will be 40 hours, inclusive of some weekend work this will vary depending on the season.
- NVQ 2 Sportsturf or equivalent. (Willingness to work towards Level 3 Advanced Greenkeeping).
- PA1, PA2A, PA6 spraying certificates – desirable.
- CA30/C31 chainsaw qualifications – desirable.
- Full driving licence.
- Ability to work as part of a team and at times on your own.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in a similar role would be advantageous.
We offer an attractive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Reference ID: AGKAL1
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Agriculture, Fishing, Forestry