A SEN Secondary in South East London are looking for a SEN Teacher to lead a class with pupils with Special and Additional Needs inclusive of Autism, MLD, Medical and Behavioural Needs. You will spend the first half your week in a non-verbal SLD and PMLD class. Co-teaching with a Middle Leader and with the support of Support staff, you will deliver inclusive lessons. Second half of the week will be spent independently leading a more able and more interactive class. You will teach across core subjects and experience in Music is a bonus, but not essential.
Ideally you will have some experience in SEN Teaching but we warmly welcome applications from Teachers with lighter SEN experience, NQTs, OTTs or those in the process of gaining QTS.
To make a positive impact here you will:
- Closely collaborate with leadership and support staff to deliver
- Have a commitment to developing pupils with Special and Additional Needs
- Be Creative and enthusiastic approach
- Must hold QTS and have an up-to-date DBS.
- Access to References
- High staff to pupil ratio, so you will be widely supported
- Thorough induction period
- On-going support and professional development from Headteacher
- Good transport links
COVID-19 Notice - We will not be interviewing candidates face to face, we will instead be interviewing via video link where possible or speaking via phone call. Vetting procedures will be carried out online.
UCM Education specialise in placing Teachers and support staff in schools and nurseries throughout the UK. Due to the number of applications we receive for job posts, we cannot contact all unsuccessful applicants. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education
Less than 1 year