Services and Facilities Team Leader
Location : Milton Keynes
Salary: Circa £40k -45k Depending on Experience
Monday to Friday with occasional weekends -
Services and Facilities Team Leader you will have a proven track record of
- Monitoring the performance of planned maintenance programmes and schedules recommending improvements where appropriate, to ensure efficiencies are maximised.
- Maintenance and management of services plant (LP air, HP air, Steam, Water/Effluent, Chilling, Electrical Distribution), the HVAC system, the fire alarm, the sprinkler system, the stores, the grounds and the office spaces.
- Preferably educated to degree level in a Mechanical/Electrical engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years’ engineering experience, within a services, facilities or FMCG environment.
To ensure that all grounds, buildings, services, utilities and related equipment is installed, maintained and operated to maximise production and to ensure the site remains a safe working environment with well maintained facilities. All areas to be run to minimise cost impact and be in accordance with all audit programs including BRC and Risk audits.
- Monitor the status of the services quality checks and monitor services performance and energy data, adjusting machinery as necessary to ensure 100% service targets are achieved and quality standards maintained.
- Provide 2nd line support for fault diagnosis and ensure breakdowns are resolved promptly to ensure downtime is minimised.
- Analyse services efficiency, wastage and downtime data with a view to identifying areas for performance improvement
- Carry out all duties in accordance with safe working practices and factory hygiene standards.
- As the Specific Machine Expert (SME) for services, both locally and company wide, you will be the key contact for resolution of problems, and development of machine specifications. You will also have input into capital projects as necessary.
- Produce detailed written reports when and where required i.e. downtime sheets and line log books. Audit minimum 10% of the maintenance tasks ensuring they are completed to the correct standard.
- Lead a small team including Storeperson,
- Be the responsible person for all site Pressure Systems, Access Systems (ladders, steps, cherry picker etc.), Site Ventilation and LEV equipment, and LOLER
- Support the Engineering team by managing the stores function.
- Maintain high standards in all Engineering areas including 5S standards, visual management and lead CI activities to improve maintainability of the areas.
- Plan with the Maintenance Manager the Weekly Engineering Tasks (PM and Corrective Work Orders), recommending improvements where appropriate, to ensure efficiencies are maximised and manage the allocation and completion of tasks and to ensure works orders are completed on time for area of accountability.
- Lead small capital projects (<£10k), particularly in facilities and services, and be conversant in simple project management skills. Manage and control budget for areas of accountability.
- Identify and drive optimisation projects aimed at increased environmental performance and cost reduction.
- Maintain the training for the engineering team to be able to carry out duties legally IE. boiler routine and legionella check
- Maintain the metering monitor systems and give out relevant reports to the senior team
- Experience of statutory requirements associated with maintaining facilities and site services (BOAS, HASAWA, COSHH, LOLER, PSR, PUWER etc.).
- In depth knowledge of maintenance systems and processes.
- Proven knowledge and experience of initiating and implementing continuous improvements, lean manufacturing and Six sigma techniques.
- Strong IT skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office programs and experience of using CMMS systems.
- Experience of managing a team, maintenance planning and work scheduling.
- Experience of level 2 issue support including Root Cause Analysis and Recurrence Prevention.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)