My Client is recruiting for a Planner and Senior Planner in the Water Sector
Reporting to the Head of Planning and working on projects in the Water Sector, you will be responsible for creating and maintain programmes for the complete project lifecycle from Bid/Tender stage to delivery, handover and benefits realisation stage. You will work closely with the Estimating teams, Delivery Teams, Project and Site Managers, their engineering and construction teams to develop and update cost loaded and resourced programmes where required.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Develop and maintain a strategic programme of works closely and collaboratively with a key client using Primavera P6.
- Liaise with clients and external planning consultants
- Lead Programme Meetings.
- Provide Critical Path analysis
- Identify programme risk and opportunity contributing to the project risk and opportunity register
- Ensure all programmes are submitted to client in a timely manner in line with contract requirements (Clause 31/32)
- Provide Programme evidence to support Early Warnings (EWN's) and Compensation Events (CEN's)
- Line Management for a team of Planners/Junior Planners
- Work closely with Senior Estimators to create compliant tender programmes
- Ensuring client focused planning output including the adoption of Collaborative Planning where possible.
- Identification and tracking of all changes or potential changes to the agreed construction scope, ensuring that the relevant contract principles are applied and that the impacts are given immediate visibility to appropriate stakeholders
- Adoption of Collaborative Planning (an internal delivery tool).
- Ensuring accurate and timely planning, including progress reporting, effective measurement of key dates and milestones.
- Receiving and understanding of all project programme data and integrate all construction activities to mitigate potential resource and workface clashes
- Ensuring Compliance with Programme and Planning Control Standards
- Compilation of Project and Programme Information
- Carry out site Programme reviews to ensure accurate recording of progress
- Monitoring and Updating of Project and Programme Information
- Pro-active and forward looking to support stakeholders in strategic and management decisions
- Ability to travel and spend time in our regional offices to support the planning teams
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent communication and presenting skills at all levels, customer focused, personable, attentive, active listener, confident
- Excellent IT skills and relevant knowledge of Primavera P6 as well as other planning software MS Project, and or Asta Power Project (desirable)
- Excellent report writing and data analysis skills, speedy real-time changes to cover "what if Scenarios" when required, (Client meetings)
- Good multidisciplinary construction knowledge (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Instrumentation and control)
- A Site Management background is beneficial
- Understanding engineering principles and ability to interpret 3D models and engineering drawings
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other