What you will be doing…
- Monitor and ensure project costs are maintained within budget.
- Ensure that each project is capable of delivering the businesses margin targets and that resource holders are aware of slippages to achieve on time delivery.
- Evaluate all technical and commercial elements of a sales enquiry; developing a project plan.
- Produce proposals resulting from enquiries arising from the Sales team's activities. This will include the following estimates of time required to undertake design and manufacturing of the solutions proposed.
- Take a lead in identifying and managing risks throughout the quotation process and liaising with various other colleagues as required to perform risk mitigation tasks.
- Undertake and produce reports on margin analysis against forecasts.
- Occasionally accompany the Sales team or deliver proposal presentations and contract reviews at the customers premises. This may include international travel.
- Act as the customer interface for the duration of a project/order/contract giving the customer regular status reports (some contractual) or dealing with the customer on issues with the project/order/contract.
- Participate in customer visits/quality reviews to final product acceptance.
- Develop and maintain key account management relationship with the customers.
- Ensure that the customer order/quotation have been reviewed for export compliance.
- Produce project plans, which are regularly updated and issued to the team involved in meeting the customer's delivery schedule.
- Call regular project meetings, taking the minutes and ensuring action are maintained, escalating if delivery is not maintained.
- Work alongside Design and Sales teams to provide technical assistance to help increase sales revenues.
- Prioritise the activities in the defined pre-production route to the point of release to manufacture.
- Maintain customer delivers status through liaison with elements of the business and communicate with customers as necessary.
- Receive, translate and resolve technical enquiries with engineering support.
- Develop a Projects Methodology and Management Reporting.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Engineering and Quality to fulfil customer documentation deliverables.
- Liaise with Operations to meet customer delivery expectations and report on project status.
- Deliver excellent customer care.
- Visit, liaise and support customers and external sales personnel to ensure that customer requirements are met in full.
- Ensure all deliverable documents are identified and submitted for customer tenders/bids.
- Co-ordinate the work of the team ensuring daily/weekly targets are met.
- Authorise holidays and other types of absence, being mindful of Company policy and ensuring that adequate staffing levels are maintained.
- Raise resourcing concerns to the line manager when relevant and make appropriate suggestions to resolve the issues.
- Set targets, deadlines and smart objectives for each member of the team.
- Undertake appraisals and performance review as and when required, highlighting training and development needs and ensuring these are met.
- Take responsibility for full and comprehensive induction of all new personnel before they commence work.
- In liaison with line manager, take responsibility for the recruitment of personnel ensuring best practice and Company policies are adhered to.
- Ensure adequate training is maintained to achieve a flexible work force which is able to cover absenteeism and changing business needs.
- Manage employee absence ensuring Return to Work interviews are conducted within 24 hours of employee return; raising concerns to line manager and/or HR Manager where appropriate.
- Manage underperforming employees by setting targets and deadlines and follow through in accordance with Company policy in liaison with line manager and HR.
- Complete probationary reviews in accordance with Company policy.
- Deal with employee grievances in accordance with Company procedure whilst ensuring that the line manager is aware of the issues.
- Deal with Disciplinary and/or capability issues to stage one in accordance with Company policy ensuring that the line manager is informed.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other