What you will be doing…
- Develop & maintain process controls across production.
- Optimise machine performance with OEM suppliers to drive capacity improvements.
- Optimise existing processes and tools for cycle time and yield improvement
- Work with other departments to install environmental controls to reduce variations.
- Assist in production operations to drive improvement in manufacturing efficiencies by utilising continuous improvement techniques.
- Be responsible for managing and leading continuous improvement projects.
- Drive the standardisation of processes and implementation of metrics and best practices.
- Assist in setting annual operational targets and drive improvements to achieve those targets.
- Identify and implement new technologies, specification of requirements, Capex justification, planning and implementation in-line with defined budgets.
- Provide World Class Manufacturing techniques to support Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement.
- Work with departmental heads to define strategy for improving capability and capacity across production
- Support new equipment purchases by developing specifications and technical acceptance criteria
- Establish effective statistical control of processes to ensure a stable and robust processing platform
- Efficient delivery of projects and technical management
- Provide process support for employees at all levels of the business as required across all shifts
- Fully support all research and development initiatives
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the Head of Production
What we are looking for…
- Degree or HND in relevant Engineering subject (Mechanical or Chemical background)
- Good interpersonal skills for both internal and external relationships
- High standard of personal motivation and initiative
- Ability to respond positively to working within a pressurised environment
- Results driven
- Advanced levels of computer & IT literacy
Bonus points if you have…
- Green belt or higher qualification
- Knowledge of all processes used in the manufacture of ophthalmic lenses
- SMC tech qualification
- Knowledge & experience of working in a similar manufacturing environment
- Formal problem solving skills
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other