Management of programmes through the full product life cycle from sales handover to programme closure with complete budgetary responsibility for project delivery, cost, quality and weight requirements as defined by the contract.
Typical scope of significant programme tasks included but not limited to:
- Full Certification Testing
- Complex interfaces with third party product
- High Level Customers
- Unique customer requested design solutions
Act as first point of contact for customer communications and AIM Altitude
- Be the initial point of contact for all customer related queries
- Lead customer and internal meetings in an efficient manner
- Ensure appropriate resources are assigned and attend customer meetings and or project workshops
- Upon submission of an issue from the customer or OEM / Integrator, initial review and action as required
- Response to the customer or OEM / Integrator on raised issues in a timely manner, depending upon the complexity of the issue raised
- Escalation to Senior Programme Manager if resolution is not found at the project IPT level
Responsible for maintaining the overall program plan to support of agreed contractual due dates
- Develop project plan
- Negotiate and agree due date changes with OEM, customers and internal stakeholders
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support overall program baseline in collaboration with project team, senior management and stakeholders.
- Ensuring tech data deliverables are supplied to the OEM / Integrator in line with the project schedule
- Ensuring rejection comments are completed and returned to the OEM / Integrator within the required timescale
- Maintenance of the project schedule to include agreed changes to any project deliverables
- Communication of deliverable status as required by the customer or OEM / Integrator
- Ensure internal gate reviews occur in line with project milestones and that checklist are adhered to by all departments
Manage program scope and access the impact of scope changes
- Maintain an accurate project change log
- Manage Master Change Proposal/Customer Change Proposals
- Manage Program budget and coordinate budget changes as necessary with the financial business partner
- Ensuring raised CCPs flow through the system without undue delay that may put project milestones at risk
- Communication of changes to the customer / OEM in an expedient manner to secure approval and avoid project delay
- Presentation of new changes to the Change Board as required
- Service bulletin coordination
Responsible for program documentation
- Program action items (both internal and external)
- Program team meeting minutes
- Program gateway checklist
- Audit files and results
- MCP/CCP filing and analysis
- Program milestone meeting documentation including agenda and meeting minutes
- Concessions and commitment letters through OEM product support processes
- Manage the project risk register
- Review of the risk register weekly to ensure risks and mitigation strategies are still valid
- Maintain an accurate action tracker that contains all open tasks and issues with ECD against each item along with owners for each task
Responsible for managing an Integrated project team (IPT) to achieve project results:
- Lead program task and team meetings in an efficient manner
- Follow up on open items with each individual prior to their due date
- Agree and maintain OEM submittal requirements and due dates.
- Estimate resources and participants required to achieve project goals. Where required, negotiate with department managers for the support of required personnel.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team and when not solved in team meetings escalate to the Head of Programmes.
- Define priorities within the project and agree on delegation of tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel with clear accountability within the program team.
- Supervise all BFE activities, including the timely placement and receipt of BFE orders, required for CDR, test and production seats.
- Ensure IFE test equipment is loaded with correct software level and is functioning properly to test the required system within contract specifications.
Responsible for overall program performance
- Primary focal for ITCM, PDR, CDR, FAI and other key milestones and technical meetings
- Responsible to organise implementation of FAI open items
- Interface with OEM contact and provide regular program progress reports to ensure complete visibility of program at all times.
- Continuously monitor OEM ratings
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyse results, and troubleshoot problem areas with the IPT members.
- 5+ years' relevant project management or equivalent experience. Aircraft interior experience desirable.
- Experience in Managing Project Profit & Loss
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other