My Client is recruiting for a Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer in the Water Sector
The role will be based in the Derby or Birmingham Office. Our Client has an extensive portfolio of UK, Overseas and Globally delivered projects, helping clients address asset creation, process improvement and plant optimisation needs. Locally focused teams incorporate expert electrical, ICA, process, mechanical and civil engineers who provide a multidisciplinary approach to solving clients' problems in innovating, creative, managing, building and investing in water and wastewater infrastructure.
- Lead and/or contribute on feasibility, outline and detailed design projects.
- Liaise with internal and external clients within the UK and worldwide.
- Support bidding and be proactive in the winning of work.
- Take ownership of specific 'skill areas' or activities within our technical knowledge networks.
- Supporting and mentoring, with the possibility of formal line management responsibilities.
- Contributing to new innovative ideas/ making suggestions for innovation,
- Opportunity to present your project work at company meetings or at conferences
- Working with and developing our digital tools and products.
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree-qualified with a mechanical engineering bias; a Chartered member of a recognised engineering institution.
- You will have extensive UK water/wastewater industry experience.
- You will have a blend of leadership and technical expertise.
- You will have experience of managing and mentoring teams and/or individuals and/or projects, potentially split across disciplines and locations.
- You will have a desire to line-manage and develop a team of junior engineers.
- A developing external profile and reputation; a desire and willingness to raise the profile of oneself and the Company.
- Willingness to contribute to and develop our technical knowledge networks.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other