Derbyshire (Commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingham)
£32,000 – 37,500 + 25 days’ holiday + Overtime (£20 per hour) + Salary Uplift for overseas work
My client is a process engineering specialist who design and manufacture turnkey process solutions for clients in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and materials handling amongst other industries. The company have a trading history that dates back over 200 years and a senior management and directorship team who are all home grown from within the business.
The company employs 140 staff of which 80 are employed in professional engineering roles (18 of whom are chartered) across software, process, electrical and mechanical disciplines. The company are experienced huge growth in capital projects won and anticipate they will turn over £50 million in 2018.
The company are looking to recruit a Project Engineer who will be responsible for the mechanical engineering aspects of projects the company run from equipment specification, procurement through to overseeing installation and commissioning activities at site.
The company delivers large scale process plant projects where there is a large amount of mechanical equipment such as pipework, valves, heat exchangers and pumps. Once the project is won the Project Engineer will be responsible for:
- Producing equipment specifications for mechanical equipment – valves, pumps, pipework, heat exchangers
- Sending these specifications to suppliers for quotations
- Carry out technical and cost comparisons on the quotes received to select supplier
- Procure the equipment for the project – order the equipment and track and log the expected delivery dates for the equipment
- Acting as the site technical liaison for mechanical progress when project goes to site
- Ensuring delivery dates at site for equipment will be met by suppliers
- Ensures equipment delivered is to the specifications that were given
- Ensuring equipment is laid out as per plan.
- Offering technical support for issues during equipment installation – examples could be if the equipment doesn’t fit into the space provided
- Overseeing commissioning of the mechanical equipment operates as it should once installed
Future progression will see you progress through to Senior Project Engineer status with the possibility of taking on full Project Management responsibility later in your career.
To be successful in your application for this Project Engineer vacancy you will need:
- A HNC, HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Experience in project engineering or related role in the engineering sector
- Experience producing equipment specifications
- To be a strong organiser.
- To be happy to travel for the installation and commissioning phase of projects.
- You will be joining a business with over 200 years’ experience within the industry allowing you to learn from experts in the field.
- The chance to become a chartered engineer
- Large earning potential with overseas work on projects.
- Future career progression into Senior Project Engineering and Project Management roles.
ATA Recruitment is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
ATA Recruitment specialise in recruiting the best technical and engineering talent and providing complete workforce solutions to help build and maintain infrastructure and transportation for a wide range of UK clients - for more opportunities like this one, visit our website
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
£20 Per Hour Overtime + Company Pension + Salary Uplift When Overseas
- Industry Sector IT & Internet