Paterson Healthcare and Paterson Recruitment are working together to recruit an inspirational and committed Head of Care to join our Oxfordshire based client.
Main Duties include but not limited to:
- You will lead 6 other members of the team to deliver an outstanding quality of support and care to children and young people on full time and short break placements.
- You will be responsible for the day to day management of the home, promoting a child centred, caring environment through high standards of professional practice which are conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of the children and young people. This also includes acting as the dedicated Child Protection and Safeguarding Officer within the Academy.
- You will work closely with families, carers and the wider community to share the vision of the home.
- You will be registered with Ofsted as the Registered Manager of the Children’s Home.
- You will promote the practice of working in partnership with young people, their families, other staff within the Academy, and other agencies, in order to meet the needs of the young people.
- Manage all operational aspects of the home providing flexible arrangements for children and families in a creative and solution focused manner
- Promote team development and effective team working.
- In collaboration with the Site Manager, regularly inspect the condition of the structure, fabric, furnishings and fittings of the Home to ensure that all equipment, etc. is in good working order and of a reasonable and acceptable standard of repair.
- Ensure effective administration and control of financial budgets and records to comply with the Academy’s expectations and procedures.
- Prepare for and attend annual review meetings, Social Services reviews, as appropriate.
- Monitor arrangements for short breaks, holidays, recreational outings and social activities and to ensure the implementation of related risk assessments.
- Promote and implement the Academy’s Equality and Diversity policies and procedures.
- Carry out the role of Designated Safeguarding Officer.
- Ensure that staff understand and implement the Academy’s safeguarding procedures.
- Contribute to the assessment and admission of new students in liaison with senior colleagues.
- Ideally you will be a Registered Manager within a children’s home
- Have or working towards an NVQ level 5 in Child Care/Health and social care or equivalent and be prepared to work towards other qualifications. You will have practical experience of working with children and young people who have Autism and Severe Learning difficulties
- Be a confident, effective manager with knowledge of regulatory standards and requirements.
- You will have demonstrative experience of leading large staff teams
- Be able to demonstrate you have a flexible, calm and organised approach to work, even under pressure
- You will need to have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- You must be able to travel when necessary
- You will be able to drive and have access to your own transport
- You will also work flexibly in accordance with the rota including bank holidays, nights and weekends on occasion.
- DipSW or equivalent
- NVQ4 Leadership and Management
- Developing and monitoring systems
- Supervision and delivery of training e.g. NVQ assessor
- Organising and co-ordinating the delivery of a short break services
- Range of social care services provided to children and young people
- Team Teach Training
- PBS Training
This role will also require an enhanced DBS check
- A competitive salary
- Local government pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme to support your health and wellbeing
- Full induction, training and career opportunities
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave scheme
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Cycle to work scheme
Hours: full time (38 hours pw)
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
- Industry Sector Health, Nursing
'A' level/Higher or equivalent